What is Include Me School Age?
The Include Me Program is designed to promote and expand inclusive practices for students with significant impact of disabilities, grades K-12, and the schools they attend. The Arc of Pennsylvania, with guidance from the Pennsylvania Department of Education, Bureau of Special Education and the Pennsylvania Training and Technical Assistance Network, is working with student teams to provide training and on-site technical assistance to participating students so they can attend school with the supports they need to be successfully and meaningfully included in general education classrooms.
What types of training and technical assistance is provided?
Qualified Include Me Program consultants are prepared to provide support and training on the following topics for school personnel/student teams (including administrators, general and special education teachers, guidance counselors, school nurses, para-professionals, and support staff and parents and family members of children with significant impact of disabilities).
- Facilitation of Supplementary Aids and Services Toolkit (to identify supports for student and team)
- Standard Aligned Systems and Access to the General Curriculum (as a resource for curriculum modification)
- Assistive Technology (for communication and/or access to the curriculum and classroom)
- Creating Agreement (how to resolve differences)
- Writing IEP Goals (writing measurable and meaningful goals aligned to the standards and general curriculum)
- Progress Monitoring (how to measure if your child is making progress on IEP goals)
- Chapter 14 Regulations (what the laws are regarding special education)
- Disability Issues (sensitivity/awareness issues; training on a specific disability or related concern – training will be determined based on the child and the needs of the team)
- Trauma Informed Care approved
Where We Are
Our program works with public school districts across Pennsylvania.
Partnership with Mikayla's Voice
The Include Me School Age Program offers several opportunities to school districts to offer assemblies with Mikayla's Voice. These assemblies provide a school district with the chance to include all students in an inclusive project to build compassion and acceptance among children to embrace what makes each child unique.
The Include Me Program offers:
Our Friend Makayla assemblies
Wheels of Friendship assemblies
Courage to Evolve assemblies
The Include Me Program believes in the importance of running an effective that makes a lasting impact on students and schools. The Arc of Pennsylvania found an independent group to research the efficacy of our program and methods.