The Arc of Pennsylvania’s Making Employment Work course is an ACRE Basic Certification Training. In order to receive certification, participants must attend a 3-day, live webinar training and then complete a self-paced, online curriculum. Completing this certification course will qualify individuals to provide Supported Employment services with Pennsylvania’s Office of Vocational Rehabilitation and Office of Developmental Programs. Our training combines lessons learned from traditional Supported Employment and Customized Employment techniques.
Course topics include:
• History and values of supported employment services
• Individualized assessments and employment/career planning with an overview of Discovery
• Community research and job development with an overview of Customized Employment
• Developing workplace and related supports with an overview of Systematic Instruction
When: Live webinar training takes place on June 3-5, 2020 from 9am to 11am and 1pm to 3pm. The rest of the course is self-paced and will begin after the conclusion of lectures on June 5th.
Where: This training will be done completely online.
Who is this for: Providers of Supported Employment Services
Price: $150 per person
***Course Requirements***: Participants will need the following in order to complete our course:
• A computer/laptop with a webcam
• Google Chrome, Safari or Firefox. Mobile Browsers and Internet Explorer are not supported.
• An internet connection capable of streaming video (minimum of 300 kbps).
• Participants will also be asked to record themselves teaching a skill to another person in their house - if it is safe to do so. This can be done with your webcam on your computer, a smartphone, or a tablet via video conferencing software such as Facetime, Google Duo, Facebook Video Chat or Braincert.
• Participants will have 30 days after completing the live webinars to complete the online content. Failure to complete the online content within 30 days will disqualify you from the reimbursement.
• You will not receive certification of this course without meeting the above course requirements.
Registration: Agencies are limited to sending up to 3 per staff agency. If an agency is interested in registering extra staff please contact Anthony Chan at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Accommodations: The Arc of Pennsylvania will do its best to fulfill reasonable requests for accommodations. Requests for accommodations must be made at least 30 days prior to the event. To request accommodations, please email email@example.com.
Reimbursement: Attendees who successfully complete the course can be reimbursed for the full registration fee. Reimbursements must be submitted within a week of completing the course. Late submissions will not be accepted.
Refunds: Refunds will not be provided for registrants who fail to show up or for cancellations that occur after May 18th.