The Arc of Pennsylvania’s Making Employment Work course is an ACRE Basic Certification Training. To receive certification, participants must attend a 3-day, live webinar training and then complete a self-paced, online curriculum. Completing this certification course will qualify individuals to provide Supported Employment services with Pennsylvania’s Office of Vocational Rehabilitation and Office of Developmental Programs. Our training combines lessons learned from traditional Supported Employment and Customized Employment techniques.
Course topics include:
• History and values of supported employment services
• Individualized assessments and employment/career planning with an overview of Discovery
• Community research and job development with an overview of Customized Employment
• Developing workplace and related supports with an overview of Systematic Instruction
When: Live webinar training takes place on October 5-7, 2020 from 9am to 12am and 1pm to 3:30pm each day. We will use Zoom to host the live webinars. You can join either as a guest or with a free account. The rest of the course is self-paced, online and will begin after the conclusion of lectures on October 7th .
Where: This training will be done completely online.
Who is this for: Providers of Supported Employment Services
Price: $300 per person
***Course Requirements***: Participants will need the following to complete our course:
• A computer/laptop with a webcam
• Zoom – you can use a free account or join as a guest. You do not have to pay for this software.
• Google Chrome, Safari or Firefox. Mobile Browsers and Internet Explorer are not supported.
• An internet connection capable of streaming video (minimum of 300 kbps).
• Participants will also be asked to record themselves teaching a skill to another person in their house - if it is safe to do so. This can be done with your webcam on your computer, a smartphone, or a tablet via video conferencing software such as Zoom, Facetime, Google Duo, Facebook Video Chat or Braincert.
• Participants will have 30 days after completing the live webinars to complete the online content. Failure to complete the online content within 30 days will disqualify you from earning the ACRE certificate.
• You will not receive certification of this course without meeting the above course requirements.
Registration: Register for the training by clicking on the GREEN button at the top of this screen and completing the online registration form. If an agency is interested in registering extra staff please contact Jen Hipps at email@example.com.
Accommodations: The Arc of Pennsylvania will do its best to fulfill reasonable requests for accommodations. Requests for accommodations must be made at least 30 days prior to the event. To request accommodations, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Refunds: Refunds will not be provided for registrants who fail to show up or for cancellations that occur after September 25, 2020.